Written by Alcator.
This time, I’ve chosen to write a list of things that might be interesting to play/try if someone actually managed to prepare for them. To make things more interesting, there are coppers to win here!
The first person to post (into the discussion beneath) a link to a track that features a particular described feature wins:
- 100 coppers if the track wasn’t build by him/her
- 250 coppers if the track is his/her own creation.
So, should I suggest building a track with a loop (which I’m not going to do, since there are plenty of them already) and Jozii posted a link to my LoopMastery track, he would win 100 coppers, while if he posted a link to his own Loopmastery track, he would win 250. Got it?
1) I reserve the right to VETO any linked track as not containing the feature “in a good way”. So even if someone already posted a link for some feature, don’t take it automatically as the winning entry and feel free to post your own link.
2) The challenge is only applicable for stuff that is trackbuilding-based; if the suggestion is driving-based (feature #3 in the list), no challenge is in place.
OK, let’s proceed with the list!
List of 10 original things to try
- Mountainride: You all know wallrides, but why not use the cliffs of mountains as the surface on which to drive? Perhaps a corner might allow an extended mountainride…
- A 3-lap multilap track where each next lap “forces” the player to take a different route, or at least each next lap allows the player to take a different, FASTER (SHORTER) route that was not accessible in previous lap(s)…
- When the track you’re racing on (on-line) features a long jump, try to make a perfect 360 degree spin instead of just a simple jump – the cars that are right behind you will either be confused and crash, or admire you…
- A dirt track (Stadium) where the key to getting a gold medal is initiating a jump from the edge fences or edge signs in one of the corner tiles (banked or normal turns), while those who follow the road will not be able to get gold.
- A 1080 degree vertical corkscrew: Using the wallride corner segments or the Island 90 degree rotated road tiles etc., make a corkscrew where the car makes 3 complete circles before exitting it. The car must be banked to either side by 90 degrees all the time.
- A platform track where start and finish are in opposite corners of the map, and there are at most 10 other tiles in between them; none of the tiles (including start and finish) can be on the ground (meaning the car has to stay airborne unless it can bounce off of water, if it wants to get to the next tile).
- A PF start with a 1800 degree stunt figure in it.
- A three path track where each of the paths is “quite” different from the other paths (i.e., not symmetric!), but where all the paths are equally long (let’s say a 0.2 second difference of best times is allowed between the “shortest” and “longest” path).
- A track where the key to victory is exiting a loop or wallride somewhere during corner phase (resulting in the car getting a rolling momentum), while those who don’t exit that loop/wallride can still finish with a significantly worse time; the car that does leave the loop/wallride in the corner should not just fly through finish; it should land on track and drive for at least 5 more seconds.
- A track with MT navigation arrow which tells the player where to steer; the changes of the arrow should be smooth (i.e., it should smoothly rotate to the new position).
So, what say you? Will you try it? Or do you know about some existing track with one of the features? Let you voice be heard in the discussion!
If you’ve got any questions, feel free to ask.