No, I’m not talking about that old TMX feature, but it is something TMX related. If you check old the old and dusty “Blog Files Box” to the right, you’ll see that there’s a new file added: “TMU Blog Track Collection“!
Now that TMX is down, where do we get all of our tracks from? Well, for the time being, this 3.8 Mb Zip file might be the answer. It contains 177 tracks, all somehow related to the blog. Here’s the content in more detail:
- Most reviewed tracks (not tracks reviewed by guest writers),
- Most advertised tracks (again, not tracks advertised by guest writers),
- All tracks listed in the TMX Track List,
- The 50 first tracks from the “Underrated Authors” project (where people were asked to link to tracks they considered to be underrated at TMX),
- Ans a few others that are somehow related to the blog…
Sounds good enough? You’ll find the file in the big blue box in the side bar 😉 Oh, and while we’re at it, don’t forget the “Blog Tracks” file also located in the file box!
Now let’s move on to a contest based on all this:
177 tracks is nothing compared to what TMX used to host. This contest might help to cover an additonal part of the gap. Here’s the deal:
- Create a Zip file of all the TMX tracks you have on your computer (yes, your own finished tracks may be added as well). Please try to make it TMX only, and not tracks downloaded from within the game. Name the file “TMX Tracks – ‘your name'”. Max size: 10 MB
- Send the file attached to Jozii@pp.inet.fi or upload it somewhere and send the link (although an attachment is prefered). In the e-mail, state how many tracks the file contains.
Deadline: Saturday 22nd of September.
The winner of this contest will be the one sending a file with the most tracks in it. As many probably have the same tracks, only one file will be listed here at the blog. However, all who participate by sending a file win something:
- 500 coppers for participating
- 2500 coppers to the winner
So what are you waiting for? Gather up those tracks!
PS. Alcator’s article, usually published every Thuesday, will hopefully arrive tomorrow instead of today 😀