- Track: Rattlesnake (direct download)
- Author: [ATP]Jonkster_NZ
- Type: Race
- Environment: Desert
- Length: 45 sec
- Mood: Day
- Coppers: 2814
- Difficulty: Average
- TMX Awards: 10
- Award Level: Slightly underrated
- Custom Content: Music (POD – Alive)
Very challenging full-speed track!
It always surprises me that, in the PF start, you don’t hit the loop 😛 At a distance, it always looks like you’re going to crash.
Rattlesnake is an excellent full-speed track which offers some great challenge. It’s not too hard to complete, but it’s quite a challenge to take all those twists and turns at full speed. The connections are really great, and I love the little twists here and there.
However, I can’t help feeling that at least 40% of the track is a bit too, well, simple to classify as one of those really amazing tracks. Jonkster is a well known author, but even in the Desert environment he has done better than this.
Many turns are too basic and there’s a lot of sections that could have been more interesting. But then again, even the most simple parts are put together perfectly.
Overall a great design with a lot of challenge in it, but with a bit too little of what defines a truly remarkable track.
While still very good, the scenery is the least good in the entire track. Repetitive use and not enough variety is what’s keeping it down. I do realize that Desert doesn’t offer much on the line of scenery, but it is possible to do much better than this.
Intro: Excellent intro! Nice effects, shows the track fast but effectively. Camera movement were a bit “bumpy” though.
In-game: Superb GPS, but again with annoying camera movement.
Outro: Once again, excellent work. But: some camera angles and movement (again) are quite bad/annoying, and there are plenty of scenery crashes if you’re not really going full speed all the way.
All the MT work contains nice use of colors, mainly orange. Pretty at first, but in the end it makes you feel sick 😛 As a whole, the MT work is superb, but there are way too many minor (but also quite annoying) flaws, keeping otheriwse good ideas down. I’d like to give this one the MT tag (80+ MT rating), so I’ll give it an on-the-edge rating 😉
Some original twists and turns, and I like the way things are conneted, but not enough new to even receive an originality rating. It’s an excellent track without much originality!
Great fun! It will take you some time to complete Rattlensnake at full speed, which is the essential goal as this is a full-speed track. You’re bound to have a lot of fun on this one. However, it doesn’t offer that much in time improvement once you do make full speed, and considering the difficult to reach this full-speed potential, I wouldn’t mark it as an online suitable track.
A great track with excellent but a bit too design. Full speed but still tricky to complete. Great connections. The MT work stands out, but it suffers from some annoying flaws. The scenery is the weakness of the track, while it too still is very good.
Final Rating: 80% (Great)
- Challenging – While not rated as “hard”, which is normally a requirement for this tag, it is still quite a challenge to complete the track the way it was intended – at full speed. That fact can’t go unnoticed.
- MediaTracker – Great MT even though it suffers from some annoying flaws.
- Underrated – Definately deserves more than 10 awards.
Video by Alcator (driver: L_Zubi).
- Ratings range from 0 (extremely bad) to 100 (absolutely perfect) percent.
- If you want to have your own track reviewed, or give a track review as a gift to a friend, send an in-game message to “Jozii” with a payment (Donation) of 500 coppers. Don’t forget to state the name of the track.
- For more information on Track Reviews, criteria definitions and explanations to all the details and images in a review, see the Review Info page.
- If you have any questions, use our Contact form.