Do you find yourself playing TrackMania on routine? Do you constantly try to improve your Solo times and/or race on the same online servers over and over again? Well, it’s time to break the routines and do things a bit differently. Here are five ideas to get you started:
1. Chat more online – TrackMania has one of the best online communities I know. However, TrackMania is also the least social online game I know. When playing on a server, you usually just hear the occasional “hi” from new players and “congratulations” once a race is over. But besides that, no one ever really takes the time to chat (with perhaps the exception of team members on team servers). Of course, you’re too focused on racing, but try doing it a bit differently next time by actually starting a conversation. After all, doing things together is what online play is all about!
2. Change the start/finish positions – Take your favorite track and simply let the start and finish positions switch places. All of a sudden, you have a brand new track! Of course, this only works for more simple tracks without too advanced stunts, but you can still have a great time doing this on tracks that become quite unnatural to drive when doing it backwards. Go ahead, give it a try. You might just be surprised.
3. Play an Environment you’d normally avoid – Whether it’s one you just haven’t played much or one you right out hate, try playing a few tracks of the Environment in question. If you really give it an honest try, you might just enjoy the ride. This also works with different styles of tracks rather than just Environments. Play a few technical tracks if you usually play full speed. Go ahead and experiment.
4. PM a random user -Perhaps you’ve seen a name online, or perhaps you just pick one from the in-game ladders. Whatever the case, take the time to introduce yourself, ask a few simple questions and simply get a conversation going via the PM system. With any luck, you’ll be making yourself a new friend who shares your interest in TrackMania.
5. Start projects – That’s what I do If you ever feel just going with the flow becomes boring, start some kind of project. Interested in making videos? Than do one on TrackMania! Have an artistic side? Then apply that to your favorite game! Enjoy contests and events? Then start your own to get the rules exactly how you like them! Are you a good writer? Then write an article for this blog!
Hopefully, these tips can help you take TrackMania one step further. After all, it’s all about having fun